APACI is in the process of developing important links and partnerships with other organisations so that it can better achieve its objectives, and to reach more people.
The Hanoi Medical University's Institute for Preventive Medicine and Public Health (IPMPH)
|On 12 June, 2015 in Hanoi, Viet Nam, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between APACI and The Institute for Preventive Medicine and Public Health (IPMPH) - an Institute of the Hanoi Medical University.
The potential areas of collaboration between the 2 organisations will include: Training programs in relation to seasonal influenza prevention, detection and treatment; planning for pandemic preparedness; establishment of an Influenza Foundation; where feasible, conduct joint research; exchange academic information and teaching materials in relation to influenza.
Developing Countries Vaccine Manufacturers’ Network (DCVMN)
|In October 2013, APACI entered into signed a memorandum of understanding with the DCVMN, acknowledging:
1. the need for continuing professional education activities aimed at informing and training industry workforce and health care professionals in developing countries;
2. the need for support to and facilitation of collaboration between global organizations sharing common goals.
The goal of the Developing Countries Vaccine Manufacturers’ Network (DCVMN) is to enhance the quality and increase availability of vaccines produced in developing countries to protect people against known and emerging infectious diseases globally.
The MoU is in keeping with one of APACI's key objectives, which is to identify and develop activities that complement the World Health Organization (WHO) Global Agenda on Influenza Surveillance and Control. In this case it supports the Global Action Plan for Influenza Vaccines (GAP) - a comprehensive strategy to reduce the present global shortage of influenza vaccines for seasonal epidemics.
Immunization Partners in Asia Pacific (IPAP)
|On 15 June 2012, APACI joined the Immunization Partners in Asia Pacific (IPAP) as a partner organization, by signing a Declaration of Co-operation (a copy of which can be found at their website (IPAP Declaration ).|
IPAP's Long-Term Goal is to elevate overall quality of life to a higher level and alleviate poverty by improving health through vaccination.
1. To respect and safeguard people’s rights by advocating good health through prevention.
2. To work for such measures that shall ensure every person’s total mental, physical, psychological and social development ;
3. To serve as an advocate for the promotion of vaccination as essential to disease prevention, through information dissemination
and educational support, collective and individual advocacy and establishment of various outreach program and services throughout
the Asia-Pacific region and beyond;
4. To conduct, encourage and promote research activities, vaccine missions, training workshops and accept donations and sponsorships
to be able to implement such activities;
5. To engage in publishing and printing of materials for information, training and advocacy activities;
6. To promote the adoption and implementation of an affordable and sustainable immunization program;
7. To advocate for a wider coverage of immunization to include people of all ages and special risks groups ;
8. To promote unity and mutual cooperation among all stakeholders in the Asia-Pacific region, in order to protect and implement common
goals and objectives;
9. To expand society’s involvement in the advocacy by enjoining all stakeholders, namely, the government, non-government organizations,
drug manufacturers, medical practitioners, patients, and international agencies;
10. To liaise and coordinate with other organizations and institutions engaged in health promotion through disease prevention ;
11. To engage in activities that are necessary to improve and uplift the health conditions in the Asia-Pacific region;
12. To do whatever is necessary to implement the above-stated purposes in accordance with the law.